Thursday, April 06, 2006

No Sox and No News

Not a whole lot to report, but that won't stop me from blogging: the White Sox are off as they hope to rebound from my curse against the Royals (I predict a ChiSox victory in the series by 2 games to 1). The Arabic papers have little to report on Yemen, and by little I mean almost nothing.

There is a decent amount on Salih's trip to China, none in the big 3-2 (that is now official nawadir code from al-Quds al-Arabi, al-Hayat, al-Sharq al-Awsat - the 3 for those scoring at home - and the websites of al-Jazeera and al-Arabiyya - the two). A very clever system, and one that will be utilized here throughout for those reading this - only two based on someone's comment - you are in on the ground floor.

I had meant to post on Kaplan's new piece in the Atlantic, but have been unable to due to a general sense of exhaustion regarding a number of things I can't possibly post about.

I will say, however, that al-Quds al-Arabi is still tweaking its website - it is now posting dates with articles, but the searchable archives have been rendered unusuable by the changes. Some day boys, some day.

So you'll have to keep checking back to see what the wise al-Zabaniya has to say to you.

Tomorrow is al-Sahwa and al-Thawri - I'm sure there will be loads of links out of that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home