Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Crystal Ball Gazing

Despite the fact that in the world of sports predictions I have only my beautiful pick of Princeton over UCLA in the NCAA tournament many years ago to hang my hat on, I have no problem stating for the record that Chicago White Sox will not make the playoffs this year. Witness their early season loss to Cleveland today (man do I feel sorry for anyone who shelled out money for tickets to this one-sided affair.) Still, remember this you heard it here first, from the mighty al-zabaniya: The Chicago White Sox will not make the playoffs.

The fact that I have a bottle of spirits on the outcome has not determined my prediction. (Disclaimer: no other bets on this subject will be accepted.)

2 Comments:

At 12:30 PM, Blogger cairobrian said...

Glad to see you are going out of your way to needle and alienate a full 50% of your readership. I look forward, though, to a second bottle of scotch to complement the one you still owe me from last year's play-offs.

 
At 1:08 PM, Blogger al-Zabaniya said...

My readership is way above 2, in fact this has become the hot new site among hipsters.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home